Welcome to Troop 58!
You have made a great decision to be a part of Scouting in Davidson!
We offer the following checklists as a guide for joining our Troop.
New Scout Checklist (transfer scouts see bottom of page for registration instead of #1):
(1) Complete the BSA Youth Application online. This is for New Scouts ONLY if you are transferring from another scouting unit see below. New Scouts please pay the balance due online for National Registration.
(2) Pay Membership dues via check made out to DLC Girl Troop 58. Dues for the year are $200. Dues include scout registration, insurance, rank patches, position patches and merit badge patches.
(3) Complete a full BSA Health Form, (Parts A, B, and C) which includes a physical exam by a certified medical practitioner. Please bring two copies of the health form, current immunization record and health insurance card to the troop meeting. Parts A and B are needed ASAP. Part C can be submitted before longer trips like summer camp.
Important Health Form tips:
1. Families should keep a copy so they have it for scouting events attended outside of troop.
2. Health Forms expire annually. They are good through the end of the month they are dated. Please make sure troop gets 2 new copies when you renew it.
3. Click Here to see example of commonly missed items on health form. Tetanus is required within the past 10 years.
(4) Purchase a field uniform (Class-A) and a Scout Handbook. The field uniform includes BSA Scout shirt, pants, belt, socks, shoulder loops, neckerchief and neckerchief slide (note: neckerchiefs are provided by the Troop). Uniform costs are responsibility of each Scout family. A book cover is recommended. Scouts use the same book the entire time and the cover helps protect it.
Patches scouts need to purchase: GT58 has a custom 58 patch for the left sleeve that can be purchased through the troop for $5 or choose to purchase Unit Numbers "58" at scout shop.
Patches scouts need to purchase at the scout shop: American Flag, World Crest and The Mecklenburg County Council shoulder patch or Mecklenburg County Council custom BSA shoulder patch (only at the Council Shop in Charlotte). It was specially designed for the kick-off of Scouts BSA in Mecklenburg County Council!
BSA Scout Shop online: https://www.scoutshop.org/uniforms-and-apparel/
(5) Upon registration, our activity uniform (Class-B) coordinator will contact you to schedule pick up of your Troop 58 neckerchief, Class B t-shirt and patrol patch. New scouts get an initial Class-B shirt, neckerchief and patrol patch. Replacement neckerchiefs ($18) , Class-B shirts ($15) and patrol patches ($5) can be purchased through the troop.
Transferring Scouts from another scouting unit:
If you are a scout transferring from another unit, please do not register online. Complete transfer form and bring it to Scoutmaster, Tanya Chartier and Advancement Chair, Jenni Dellinger for approval. A new BSA Youth Application Form must also be completed.
Pay by check to DLC Girl Troop 58. Send to P.O. Box 1115 Davidson, NC 28036
Greta Wolff, Membership Chair