Welcome to Troop 58!
You have made a great decision to be a part of Scouting in Davidson!
We offer the following checklists as a guide for joining our Troop.
New Scout Checklist:
(1) Complete a BSA Youth Application Form. This is a fillable PDF form, however, you must print the form, and sign it for official registration. Bring it to the next troop meeting.
(2) Pay Membership dues via check made out to DLC Girl Troop 58. Dues for the year are $175. Dues include scout registration and insurance. Dues also include initial Class-B shirt, shoulder loops, neckerchief slide, and neckerchief. Replacement neckerchiefs ($18) and class-B shirts ($15) can be purchased through the troop.
(3) Complete a full BSA Health Form, (Parts A, B, and C) which includes a physical exam by a certified medical practitioner. Please bring two copies of the health form, current immunization record and health insurance card to the troop meeting. Parts A and B are needed ASAP. Part C can be submitted before longer trips like summer camp.
Important Health Form tips:
1. Families should keep a copy so they have it for scouting events attended outside of troop.
2. Health Forms expire annually. They are good through the end of the month they are dated. Please make sure troop gets 2 new copies when you renew it.
3. Click Here to see example of commonly missed items on health form. Tetanus is required within the past 10 years.
(4) Purchase a field uniform (Class-A) and handbook. The field uniform includes BSA Scout Shirt/pants, belt, socks, and neckerchief (note: neckerchief and slide are provided by the Troop). Uniform costs are responsibility of each Scout family. The Troop provides patches for rank and merit badges. A book cover is recommended. Scouts use the same book the entire time and the cover helps protect it.
Patches scouts need to purchase: 58 on left sleeve, American Flag, World Crest and The Mecklenburg County Council shoulder patch or Mecklenburg County Council custom BSA shoulder patch (only at the Council Shop in Charlotte). It was specially designed for the kick-off of Scouts BSA in Mecklenburg County Council!
(5) Upon registration, our activity uniform (Class-B) coordinator will contact you to schedule pick up of your Troop 58 neckerchief, Troop 58 shirt, shoulder loops, and slide.
Transferring Scouts from another Troop:
Please complete transfer form and bring it to Scoutmaster, Tanya Chartier and Membership Chair, Greta Wolff for approval. A new BSA Youth Application Form must also be completed.
Greta Wolff, Membership Chair